Keep your clothes, shoes and accessories looking their very best for as long as possible by following our wash and care guide:
Always wash and dry your garment according to the care label to keep it looking its best for longer. Our care labels will instruct you to use one of three cleaning methods:
Dry Clean: Take your dry clean clothes to a reputable dry cleaner. Check the garment’s label for specialist dry cleaning instructions – specialist leather clean, for example.
Machine Wash: Group your washing into whites, darks and brights to avoid colours running. Take care to wash your garment at the correct temperature – if in doubt, always wash at a lower temperature.
Hand Wash: Group your washing into whites, darks and brights to avoid colours running. Rinse your garment until the water runs clear after hand washing.
After Wash Care: Don’t tumble dry or iron garments unless stated on the care label. Always iron on the reverse of prints or trims.
Leather & Suede Care
To help maintain the appearance and prolong the life of your leather and suede L.K.Bennett pieces, we recommend the following:
- Due to the delicate nature of our high quality leathers and suedes, you will be provided with a dust bag – we recommend its use to help maintain the appearance of your piece during storage.
- Patent leathers are susceptible to discolouration due to the plasticisers used to prevent cracking of the patent finish. Discolouration can happen to any colour patent leather but is more perceptible on light shades. To avoid discolouration, keep your patent leather item in its dust bag and try to avoid contact with darker coloured items.
- Colour fastness cannot be guaranteed on suede or leather pieces. Try to avoid contact between your suede and leather pieces and paler materials.
- Due to the fine nature of suede pieces, extra care should be taken when cleaning. Gentle use of a suede sponge will remove most stains.
- It is advisable to regularly clean and care for your L.K.Bennett leather goods with our recommended wax polishes/shoe creams. Prior to cleaning, ensure the item is dry and remove any dirt with a cloth.
- Regular use of a protector spray will help to guard against staining and water penetration - however the protector spray will not make your item waterproof.
- L.K.Bennett leather goods are made from the finest leather and it is advisable to alternate wear to prolong their life.
To help maintain the appearance and prolong the life of your L.K.Bennett shoes, we recommend the following:
- Remove the clear protective film from the soles of your new shoes before wearing. Our leather soles are a natural product and are porous in wet conditions - to maintain the life of your L.K.Bennett shoes we recommend that fine half rubber soles are fitted.
- Leave wet shoes to dry naturally, never use artificial heat. Use a shoe tree or stuff them with newspaper to help maintain the shape of your shoes while drying.
- Top pieces on heels (heel caps) are a replaceable component. Do not allow them to wear down - they should be replaced regularly by a reputable shoe repairer.
- Use a shoe horn to prevent damage to the back of your L.K.Bennett shoes when putting on and taking off.
- Wearing shoes on very uneven, abrasive surfaces or when driving may weaken the shoes and could spoil the leather sole or intricate components. Thin and delicate heels must be worn with extra consideration.
- Shoes embellished with beads and sequins are especially delicate. Please take particular care when wearing them as scuffing may damage them.
- Insoles on mules and sandals may lift due to heat and perspiration. This is an unavoidable consequence of normal wear, but can be remedied by re-sticking, a very simple job that any reputable shoe repairer can do.
- Espadrilles are a high quality beach shoe; please bear in mind that they not designed for prolonged city use or to be worn in wet weather
Please Note: Metallic Leather
Due to the luxurious metallic finish on the leather of some of our products, including Marla, Parker and Kati, we recommend you take extra care while using them. The metallic surface can scuff and be scratched easily, and due to the specialised reflective nature of the quality leather, this wear cannot be reversed. Please be sure to take special care while wearing these distinct pieces to prolong their life and appearance.
To help maintain the appearance and prolong the life of your L.K.Bennett bag, we recommend the following:
- Please take care not to over-fill your bag as it may lose its form and you may damage the handles.
- Leave wet handbags to dry naturally, never use artificial heat. Stuffing with newspaper will help maintain the shape of your bag whilst drying.
- Bags embellished with beads and sequins are especially delicate. Please take particular care when wearing them as scuffing may damage them.